It is commonly said that a picture is as good as a thousand words. This statement is completely truthful. In most cases, pictures are more explanatory than text. In terms of SEO, images, charts, info graphics and all other forms of visual content can help in improving SEO ranks. If you go through successful websites which have high SEO ranks these days, they all have visual content as a part of their web pages. You need to optimize the images and videos you are using. For instance, if you are uploading a product related video on your website, it should have one of the targeted keywords used the title. This would obviously help the users. When they would search for the required keywords, the images and videos would be displayed along with the text content. As a webmaster, you have to make sure the improvement in your SEO growth. Visit prepostseo to get your site rank in search engine results.
- The use of original and unedited images is important
Using images does not mean that pictures should be selected randomly and used. This is obviously not the correct approach. To start with, you have to be sure that only original well clicked images are used. Using stock images may result in quality issues. Other than that, a lot of these images have copyright problems and cannot be reused.
- The best option of using images is clicking them yourself. This would not only save you from copyright problems but also help you in publishing the finest clicks. In terms of SEO ranks, original images are ranked higher so editing should be avoided. Other than that, websites with edited images find it hard to be ranked highly.
- Some brands edit their images majorly to get customer attention. This is not a good move by any means. Pictures are edited to create an improved impact of the product. For instance, consider that you have uploaded a picture after editing and the brightness has been enhanced. For a smart viewer, it would be easy to identify that the image has been edited. This would obviously have a negative impact in the mind of the user. He would develop the impression that the brand is not dependable. Thus, to win the trust of the customer, always upload original images.
- Key focus on image quality
It is good to optimize images but the quality factor is critical. You cannot expect a blurred image to acquire a good SEO rank. Hence, proper attention has to be given to the image quality. Make sure that the pixels are high quality and the image is not splitting. Do perform search by image to get desired expected results.
- The quality of the image highlights how professional and experienced a company is. Reputed brands want their customers to view the best product pictures. If you have clear pictures uploaded, customers would be encouraged to view them and this would increase the chance of getting sales. When it comes to getting online conversions, a lot depends on how well the product images have been clicked.
- Choose the correct image format
This is an important factor and unfortunately, most people ignore it when they are uploading images. What do plan to aim through an uploaded image? This is one of the most important questions which you need to think about when you are uploading one.
- The JPEG format is the best option if you plan to portray illustrations through the uploaded image.
- If you want the user to focus on the background more, the PNG format would work well for you.
- For animated images, GIF is the most recommended format.
Choosing the correct image format helps the users when they are searching for visual content.
- Image scalability is important
The loading speed of a website is very important. People select and reject websites on the basis of their loading speeds. Other than that, numerous parameters affect the page loading speed including the size of the image. For instance, if an image has a resolution of 2500 X 1000, it would take a much longer time span to load an image with a resolution of 250 X 100. Thus, before you upload an image, adjust its size as it would have an impact on the loading speed. In addition to that, slow websites fail to acquire a good SEO rank. Hence, image size can be ranked as an important factor.
- Responsive images are the key
These days, people are using various other devices other than desktops and laptops to look for images. If any of your images is not responsive, it would not adjust according to the screen size of the device being used by the user. For instance, consider one user accesses the image using a laptop and the other uses a smartphone with a much smaller screen size. The laptop user would obviously not have any problem in accessing the image as the screen size would be big. In case of the smartphone user, the view would be completely distorted and several clarity issues would be created. Thus, make sure that all your images are responsive.
- Keyword based image titles for optimization
It is a simple principle that if you want your text content to be ranked highly, you have to use keywords according to the preferences of the user. The same principle is also applied in case of images. If your primary keyword is “mobile phones”, the image should not have the default name like “DSC1244”. Instead, use a file name that includes the keyword. For instance, considering the above keyword “mobile phones”, you can label the image with a file name “mobile phone 1”. This would help the user in locating the image.
- Visual content is very important these days and certain people are only interested in viewing images and videos. The important thing is that they should be able to search for your product image. This would obviously be possible if the image has a keyword based title.
Images not only add color and uniqueness to the overall layout but also encourage the users to spend time. Written text obviously presents a boring appearance irrespective of how captivating and interesting the content is. Thus, to get good SEO ranks these days, adding images is a productive tactic.