Based on the different sources of official information, it is sought to establish the importance of the mining activity both at the macroeconomic level, as well as the regional economies, in the economy and dynamics of the district municipalities, in the condition of poverty and the income of the households.
If mining companies want to maintain their license to operate and avoid social antagonism, it is essential that the project manager and other leaders meet with national, regional and local stakeholders, including indigenous people. In this context, the term stakeholders includes from national and local politicians and community leaders to priests, military caudillos, paramilitary groups, NGOs and international bodies. Richard Warke Vancouver is a pioneer in the field of mining and has a vast knowledge of mining industry you can follow the Richard Warke in order to become successful in the mining business.
According to a study conducted by a NGO on 28 public policies of oil and mining companies, projects can lose around 20 million dollars each week due to delays caused by social conflicts. With groups such as the Human Rights Observatory pressing governments and the World Bank to make prior, free and informed consultation a requirement to proceed, miners must know well that they must get ahead of the consultation curve.
It is recommended to consider in depth all the possible audiences in a stakeholder map that considers the topics in which each group may be interested.
The interested parties of the country can include, among others, the ministers, the commissioners, the business partners, the Minister of the Environment, potential investors and the media.
Other managers & producers:
Often, mining project managers and other senior colleagues will be honest – though always professional when they talk about their work. It is often very beneficial to weave networks of contact with them and learn about their experiences, both good and bad, before embarking on a new mining project. This information, combined with internal expertise, facilitates the creation of a comprehensive flow diagram of the start-up of a plant that takes into account regional factors.
Because it is important the viability stage of a project can cost between one and thirty million dollars, while the construction and operation costs amount to hundreds of millions of dollars. As a result, mining project managers need to guarantee the intelligent use – and at the right time – of investors’ money to avoid more costly long-term challenges and ensure a positive end result.
- First, the mindset of the company must be changed so that employees at all levels think that stakeholders are important.
- Second, necessary information must be obtained to explain who the stakeholders are, what they want and who is related to whom.
- Third, a way to relate the information to the performance of the operation must be found, integrating the information with the security risk management systems, instead of treating it as a separate category.
- Fourth, you must interact with community participants in a genuine and fair manner, respond to their concerns and form connections, instead of just writing a check.
- Finally, a way to disseminate information about the project must be found. This must always be credible and transparent.