Taxi commute has been growing in popularity by leaps and bounds ever since the introduction of taxi booking apps like Uber and Lyft. These companies introduced an efficient and mobile friendly way to book cabs. With a few simple taps on your mobile you can request an on-demand taxi. The whole process is efficient and quick.
With the onslaught of Uber, Lyft and similar apps. Local and neighborhood taxi companies were losing customers because of their inefficient way of booking taxis with a phone call.
Taxi companies needed to upgrade to a better and more modern way of acquiring customers. There are some obvious benefits of having a taxi booking software or app for your taxi company. Apart from the convenience offered to users to book a taxi, it also leads to streamlining of operations for the taxi company with features such as fleet management and online payment. The right taxi booking app development company can understand your existing taxi booking workflow and modernize it using a passenger app, driver app and an additional admin/dispatcher panel. The admin panel can be used to take bookings over the phone and track drivers/fleet for optimization of routes.
Taxi booking app is more of a necessity these days for local taxi companies to stay competitive with tech giants like Uber and Lyft. Taxi companies will see a positive and long term return on investment when hiring a taxi booking app development company. Shifting focus from the call a cab model will lead to more users for the taxi company.
Let’s take a look at the various reasons why adopting a taxi app is beneficial for your taxi company:
- Customer Centric Approach: Traditional taxi companies are not focused on creating a smooth customer journey from booking to feedback. The whole process feels slow and broken. With a taxi booking app the focus is shifted back to the customer and reducing the pain points. Customer can easily book a taxi, get cost estimate, track the route taken by the driver in real time, raise an alert in an emergency, pay online using wallet or debit/credit card, save payment details, check past trips and leave feedback for the driver. All in all, this provides a much better customer experience.
- Brand Recall Value: Ride hailing and sharing apps have a strong brand recall value and loyalty among users. Part of this can be attributed to their apps. A user will always remember booking via an app than over the phone. With custom taxi booking software the taxi company can create a white label app complete with its own colors, logo and branding.
- Overall Improvement in Efficiency: Much of the day to day operations in a traditional taxi company happen over the phone. Some may use excel sheets to record bookings, customer history and payments. There are various aspects involved in running a successful taxi booking company. With a taxi booking app and an admin panel a lot of these aspects can be tightly integrated leading to better efficiency and gathering of valuable data to make better business decisions. For instance, if a particular driver continues to receive dismal ratings/feedback from customers you can easily monitor that in the admin panel and take corrective action.
- Better Marketing Decisions: Marketing decisions or strategy piggy back on valuable data about your customers. With the broken systems employed by traditional taxi services it becomes difficult to understand your customers’ needs and market accordingly. With a taxi booking app you can understand your customer’s preferences, their age, collect their phone/email address and understand their travelling patterns. Equipped with this data you can design targeted marketing campaigns that bring back customers to your company. This can include coupon codes, cashbacks or discounts on selected routes for selected customers. You can even connect your data with third party marketing automation and email marketing tools. The possibilities are endless.
- Improved Forecasting: By going digital, taxi booking companies can understand and visualize their taxi fill rates and the number of users they’re getting on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. Based on this data, they can forecast demand and expand their fleet accordingly as they grow.
- Happy Drivers = Happy Everyone: An often overlooked but important aspect for a taxi booking company is the happiness and satisfaction of their drivers. Until we see automated taxis driving around our cities, we have to rely on drivers to drive the cabs. With a taxi booking app your drivers will likely earn more as they’ll get more trip requests. This combined with navigation maps, real time traffic alerts, ability to withdraw their earnings from the app to the bank account and customer ratings ensures your drivers are satisfied and happy.
Now is the time to modernize your taxi company and streamline the booking process before your competition does it. Deploy a taxi booking software and improve efficiency, build your brand and earn more revenue.